The 20th is the oldest currently active Group in West Glamorgan. It was founded in 1915 by Frank Powell, and met originally in the Libanus School Room in Morriston.
After the Second World War a new headquarters was established in Bath Road, when Griff James became first Cub Scout Leader and then Scout Leader.
He subsequently took over as Group Scout Leader, and when he retired on reaching the age of sixty five, Hywel Weaver took over that position – which he still retains. In 1961 the Group was able to open a new headquarters in Solva Road, Clase.
Every week we give almost half a million 4-25 year olds the skills they need for life.
We hang out with our friends having fun, working in a team taking on new challenges.
Everyone’s welcome here. All genders, races and backgrounds, no exceptions.
From art and digital skills to climbing and bushcraft, we have challenges for all.